History of the Mansion
The Gale Mansion is a beautiful historic mansion located just south of downtown Minneapolis. Built in 1912, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 40-acre area in Fairs Oaks was purchased in 1855 for $50 as a suburban development. Water records indicate that several smaller homes once occupied the Stevens Avenue site. Read more about our history »
After an extensive renovation in 2010, the Gale Mansion offers an elegant ballroom equipped with a new audio/visual system, stage, dance floor, and grand piano. The ballroom accommodates groups up to 190 people for a seated meal.
For a more intimate setting, you can hold your event on the main floor of the mansion, which can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated meal.
For a cocktail-style evening (i.e., no seated meal), both floors of the mansion combined can accommodate groups with up to 250 guests.
- Exclusive access to the mansion on your event date from noon to midnight
- On-site event planners, full-service caterers and serving staff to handle set-up and tear-down of your event, as well the collection of personal items (centerpieces, guest book, etc.)
- Tables, indoor chairs, china, glassware, flatware, cloth napkins and table linens (ivory, black or white)—INCLUDED with house rental!
- iPod-friendly sound systems on both levels, plus microphones
- Elevator and entryway ramps on both levels
- Two separate dressing rooms for wedding parties
- Heating or air-conditioning, depending on season
- Spacious restrooms
- Votive candles on every table and inside the four main-level fireplaces
- Free parking on surrounding street blocks
Virtual Tour of the Mansion
The Gale Mansion is a beautiful historic mansion located just south of downtown Minneapolis. Built in 1912, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a prime example of Italian Renaissance Revival architecture. The buff Bedford limestone facade is detailed with a columned terrace, balustrade balconies, and full story arched windows. Summer gardens line the circular drive and veranda.